The Diploma In Dance Education is the second
stage of the ISTD teaching ladder, and enables the holder to enter
children for examinations. All 5 units can be completed through
ourselves on the part-time or full-time courses and can also be undertaken as a distance learning course
if necessary with occasional visits to the centre.
The Units are:-
- Unit 1 - Lesson planning & Evaluations (written/tutorials).
These can be based on classes that you currently teach or
classes provided by the centre. Tutorial discussions need to
take place regularly.
- Unit 2 - Teaching practice (practical). This
requires completion of 10 hours of teaching practice, some of which
is observed and assessed by both your tutor and an external
- Unit 3 - Lifespan Development in Dance.
Completion of tasks and written exam.
- Unit 4 - Dance Practice Unit.
- Unit 5 - Background assignment.