- Everyone in the school has the opportunity to
participate in regular school productions. Rehearsals happen in
class time, costumes are provided by Kathy's Dancewear at a small
hire charge, and this is an ideal time for parents and friends to
view progress. Participating in shows is a great confidence builder
and an exciting opportunity for all.
- Due to the size of the school, each section of
the school has its own show held at approximately the same time
every two years. Students have annual shows.
- The North Bristol branches hold their shows at
the Dance Station Studio Theatre which seats 100 people at each
performance. The South Bristol branches hold their shows at a local
theatre or school.
- Musical Theatre classes often run their own
smaller shows throughout the year.
- SUMMER SCHOOLS - These include classes in many styles,
musical theatre productions, trips and are a great way to productively occupy the
children over the long break and providing an experience which is both educational
and fun. For the 8 to16 year olds
- CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION - This is an opportunity
for children to develop their creative talents in front of an audience, win medals,
trophies and receive feedback for their work.
- WORKSHOPS AND GUEST ARTISTS - These are held on
a regular basis to give children the opportunity to sample other dance styles and
work with West End performers and professional dancers.
Most recently children and students have enjoyed a day of dance with
Matt Flint winner of 'So you think you can dance'.
- Children also take part in local productions and events, audition
for major shows and compete in local eisteddfods.